We’re after an Account Manager whose phone manner and client liaison skills are second to none. They need to be capable of delivering progress reports and updates to clients on projects and form the glue between them and our project teams.
This role is based in Australia, and working as a mix of on-site in our Sydney offices and working from home where necessary.
The role summary
You will lead the day-to-day client-facing experience of our projects, working closely with our co-founders Clint, Marc and Sarkis (not to mention our project managers in both Sydney and offshore). You will be making sure that our projects are kept constantly front of mind for both our internal teams and the clients we service.
A high priority will be placed on finding someone that loves leveling themselves up and has a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
xAgency is a market leading, full-service digital agency. During COVID in 2020, we grew from 10 to 30 people!. Our focus is on making other businesses highly profitable and leading by example.
Our Head Office is in Sydney but we have people based across Australia, USA, Indonesia and Europe and offer a very flexible remote way of working. Some of our team are fully remote, others are hybrid remote and in-office sometimes.
- Fully understands agency processes
- Ensures implementation of all projects within their responsibility to quality standards, meeting all deadlines, or managing deadline amendment proactively
- Ensures regular client and agency update on programme/project progress, and manages any changes to planned activities that may occur
- Develops comprehensive creative and tactical briefs
- Manages client budgets carefully and responsibly, establishes brand forecasts and manages client estimates and billing
- Proactively questions and problem solves with creative and production departments to ensure smooth progress on all client projects
- Compiles and monitors timelines and budgets on projects, alerting manager of problems and highlighting next steps
- Checks copy, layout and artwork meticulously against brief and relevant codes
With others you will also…
- Partner closely with marketing and other high-level stakeholders to deliver high-quality projects and marketing
- Help evolve the short and long term company project delivery strategy
- Work closely with head of finance to make sure projects are on time and on budget
We are looking for
- At least 4 years in client services or account management
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic, energetic, outgoing and passionate
- Excellent analytical, logic and problem-solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proactive and able to work autonomously
- Global market experience. The ability to work with and identify the idiosyncratic, cross-cultural differences of our team members
- Strong agency experience
We hire with a people-first approach, so more importantly as a human, you will be collaborative, curious, enjoy solving complex problems and have empathy for the growing pains of a rapidly scaling startup – often you don’t have a lot of history to look back on so you are building our ship as we are flying it.
xAgency’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We are a family-friendly and flexible work environment with our team with a number of our team working hours around school and home commitments.
- Our team is diverse across age, gender, beliefs and race and we are very proud of that.
- Even when COVID is behind us, we will be a mixed remote and in-office company. We have offices and staff located all around the world.
$75k – $100k depending on experience